Get a job: Pixar is hiring a Software Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Emeryville, California
Pixar’s Software R&D team is responsible for developing Pixar’s in-house proprietary animation software. Pixar is looking for a graphics software engineer who is committed to creating world-class production tools. This position is responsible for helping create and maintain new software for the studio.
The position requires: a deep understanding of software application engineering; an ability to collaborate in a large cross-functional team of world-class developers and end-user artists; and experience developing robust, easy to maintain code.
- Develop, test and support graphics software in a Linux environment
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, artists, QA, Build, UX, Doc and Project Management
- Quickly respond and proactively investigate requests coming from artists
- Collaborate on Open Source initiatives like OpenSubdiv and USD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- C++ and Python mastery
- Understanding of computer graphics problems and techniques
- Knowledge of modern rendering architectures, CPU- and GPU-based
- Experience with GUI design and programming
- Strong software engineering and testing skills
- Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Experience with Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical software users
- Experience using Cuda
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong math skills (probability theory, linear algebra, calculus, etc…)
- Familiarity with OpenSubdiv, USD and open source development
- Developing plugins for 3D applications and their APIs (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Katana, Unreal Engine, Unity)
- Experience working on GPU or CPU path tracing rendering engines
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.