Get a job: Cloud Imperium Games is hiring a Principal Character Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Principal Character Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters, costumes, armor suits and alien life forms.
- Work alongside the Art Director, Lead Character Artist and Technical Director to maintain and push the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation to provide consistent and high-quality models
- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction.
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constraints.
- Photorealistic texturing of characters which include diffuse, normal map, specular, bump.
- Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
- At least 8 years’ experience in game development
- Thorough knowledge of 3D Modeling software like Zbrush, Maya, 3DS Max.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Substance Painter and next-gen texturing techniques
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Experience with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
- An avid gamer
- A love of Sci-Fi
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.