Gamasutra is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.


Gamasutra: The Art & Business of Making Gamesspacer
View All     RSS
May 22, 2019
arrowPress Releases








If you enjoy reading this site, you might also want to check out these UBM Tech sites:


 Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle  revenue tops $1B after two years

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle revenue tops $1B after two years

July 26, 2018 | By Chris Kerr




Newsbrief: Bandai Namco's mobile card-battler slash puzzler Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle has amassed over $1 billion in global revenue since launching in July 2015. 

The news comes from analytics outfit Sensor Tower, which explained the cash was pulled in across both Google Play and the App Store. 

Players in Japan accounted for the bulk of revenue, generating around 60 percent of that $1 million total, with those in the U.S. contributing another 20 percent.

Breaking that figure down by platform, approximately 54 percent of revenue came through the App Store, with the other 46 percent heralding from the Google Play marketplace.



Related Jobs

Sony PlayStation
Sony PlayStation — San Mateo, California, United States
[05.21.19]

Sr. Manager, Competitive Gaming (North America)
tinyBuild LLC
tinyBuild LLC — Bellevue, Washington, United States
[05.21.19]

Office Administrator
Cold War Game Studios, Inc.
Cold War Game Studios, Inc. — Remote, California, United States
[05.21.19]

Level / Encounter Designer
Insomniac Games
Insomniac Games — Burbank, California, United States
[05.21.19]

User Experience Researcher









Loading Comments

loader image