Get a job: Join Remedy Entertainment as an VFX Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Espoo, Finland
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break, Max Payne, Alan Wake, and Death Rally and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a VFX Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for a visual effects artist who feels at home in “Hollywood Realism”; a team player who has experience with realistic high-quality real-time effects and optimizing them.
Combining artistic talent and technical ability, you know your way around particle editors and scripting, and compositing an effect comes naturally. You would be working closely with our Art Director and team lead in designing and implementing special effects using our internal tools.
Leave your mark in our upcoming games by setting up stunning visuals and final touches to everything from gameplay to cinematics and characters.
- Create and maintain particle systems and other gameplay specific effects and assets
- Take part in designing VFX workflows to reach higher quality efficiently
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
Requirements and qualifications
- 2 to 3 years of experience in game development
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of techniques used in visual effects
- Expert level proficiency within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package
- Knowledge of a fluid sim package (FumeFX, Houdini) is a big plus
- Ability to learn new programs and toolchains quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- A passion for games
The ideal candidate will also have
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/engineering or relative field
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work-life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.