Make Something Killer In Moments!
March 29, 2013, Seattle, WA – Dark Tonic unleashes Killer Waves 2.0.
From the developers of Master Audio , the "Total Audio Solution" for Unity 3D, comes Killer Waves 2.0 . Boasting many new features and upgrades, this major update to the popular toolkit recently featured by Unity is now available in the Unity Asset Store, along with the new Killer Waves Lite , which offers a generous taste of the awesome technology in Killer Waves for free.
Killer Waves is a complete wave spawning system and game creation tool with drag 'n drop simplicity & speed. This powerful add-on helps Unity 3D users quickly and easily create awesome games without the typical complexities and steep learning curves. Want to create the next hit game? No problem! Plug in Killer Waves and bring your dreams to life in moments!
Thanks to incredible feedback from the Unity community, the Dark Tonic team continues to rapidly evolve Killer Waves, improving existing features and workflow, and implementing many new and exciting modes and tools.
New Key Features in v2.0:
· World variables - coins, XP, health, score, unlocks, and more, easily created with a simple, yet powerful UI. Stats are fully customizable by the user and can carry (or not) from scene to scene. Listeners can hook into NGUI or other UI system to update the display when values change.
· Killables - assign hit points, update world variables, trigger effects. New Killable script allows for effortless multiple-hit targets, auto-despawning, explosions, "death prefab" prefab replacement and more!
· 9 new listener classes - fast & powerful customization with simple code hooks, if you wish to extend the already impressive feature set.. Syncro Spawners, Triggered Spawners & Despawners, Level Settings, Killable, and more classes; hook up custom code to wave start, wave end, item spawned, and other events.
· Child spawners called by parent spawners, any number of levels deep. Propagate triggered events as desired.
Additional New Features include:
· Streamlined UI & workflow with "minimal mode" for the Triggered Spawner interface.
· OnClick event for NGUI added to Triggered Spawners and Triggered Despawners.
· OnEnable / OnDisable events added to Triggered Spawners.
· "Despawn this" event for Triggered Spawners so you don't have to add a new despawner for that.
· Two code-triggered Event types for Triggered Spawners so you’re able to call them directly.
· Retrigger limiters for Triggered Spawners so you can't repeat-trigger a wave continually if that isn't desired. You can specify # of frames or time to limit by.
· Game over behavior to allow spawners and Killables to shut off at game over (or not).
· Game over triggers for World Variables so you can have the game end when you run out of lives or health, etc.
All of this is in addition to the impressive core set of tools already found in previous versions of Killer Waves including spawn shapes & patterns with spacing & rotation, instant spawning of blocks of objects, spawn object pools with preferred weighting and object cycling, music changes on cue, and much more, all with lightweight code and exceptional performance on mobile devices.
"Our users already love Killer Waves' quick game design iteration with no coding needed, and we are super happy to deliver this big 2.0 upgrade. With support for more genres, and the ability to assign hit points, XP, rewards, and more, Killer Waves is just one step away from being an all-in-one game creation kit, and is a monster value." says CEO and Creative Director, Eric Boosman.
Thanks to an outstanding and outspoken enthusiastic group of users, Killer Waves has quickly grown from a simple spawner setup system into a full-fledged multi-genre game kit which is equally usable by programmers and artists alike. The new Killable and World Variables are real time-savers and should prove to be a big hit. Using Killer Waves, game developers don't waste time coding the fundamentals, freeing them up to focus on what really matters, the actual gameplay!
About Dark Tonic
Dark Tonic opened its doors in 2011, led by game industry veteran, Eric Boosman. The studio's first game 'Wall Street Titan' was selected by Indie Game Magazine as one of the best mobile action games of 2012. The developers involved with Wall Street Titan include award-winning AAA developers, coding vets, and a Grammy-nominated audio director. Boosman himself has held key roles on several award winning releases, most recently shipping Need for Speed: SHIFT and SHIFT 2: Unleashed as Creative Director with Slightly Mad Studios. For more information, visit: http://www.darktonic.com.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is revolutionizing the game industry with Unity, its award-winning breakthrough development platform. Unity Technologies has more than 350,000 registered users worldwide - including Bigpoint, Cartoon Network, Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., large and small studios, indies, students and hobbyists - all using Unity to create games and interactive 3D, like training simulations and medical and architectural visualizations, on the web, mobile, consoles and beyond. Unity Technologies is aggressively innovating to expand usability, power and platform reach along with its Asset Store digital content marketplace and Union game aggregator so that it can deliver on its vision of democratizing interactive 3D technology. Unity Technologies is headquartered in San Francisco and has development offices worldwide. For more information, visit: http://unity3d.com.
Notes to Editor:
High resolution images and videos available upon request.
You can watch or embed Killer Waves 2.0 in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRc0-BHxSE&list=PLW6fMWQDKB24osBmTuJd0IG8R5tOim6eV
Dark Tonic, Inc.