[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition – You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Enter a bizarre and unexplored locale full of strange creatures, dangers and surprises. Do whatever it takes to survive, but most importantly: Don’t starve!
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at: http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals .
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- Fire Emblem Heroes Update – Version 2.4.0 of the Fire Emblem Heroesgame released on April 10. Here are the highlights:
- Stamina Zero!: You will no longer need to use any stamina to play Grand Hero Battles, Bound Hero Battles and Legendary Hero Battles.
- Seven Grand Heroes Added to Rotation: Another seven Grand Heroes, including Camus, have been added to the daily Grand Hero Battle Revival rotation. Along with these battles, GHB Elite 2 quests will also commerce. These quests will be available for a full year.
- New Event: The first round of Grand Conquests will begin at 4 a.m. PT on April 13. Starting at 12 a.m. PT on April 11, tap Events and then Grand Conquest, and you can pre-register for the event before it begins. Also, to celebrate this new event, everyone will receive 20 Orbs.
- Special Orb Promo: Now until 11:59 p.m. on April 25, you will be able to purchase the Special Orb Promo: April Edition. Along with 21 Orbs, 6,000 Hero Feathers will be included as a bonus.
Also new this week:In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- New themes this week include:
- The Alliance Alive Character Theme 1
- The Alliance Alive Character Theme 2
- The Alliance Alive Robbins Theme
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch , http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds .