This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
ELEMENT: SPACE AVAILABLE TODAY FOR PC AT A SPECIAL LIMITED-TIME LAUNCH PRICE
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2019 – Argentina-based incubator and publisher Inca Games today announced that Element: Space, the first game from its in-house development studio Sixth Vowel, has launched for PC/Steam. . In this squad-based tactical RPG where decisions have consequences, players must forge alliances and build loyalty to save humanity from extinction. As a thank you to its early supporters, Element: Space will be available for a limited time at the discounted launch price of $19.99 USD..
More than two years in the making by a team of 50 developers, Element: Space is estimated to be one of the biggest games solely conceived and developed in the Spanish language Latin American region. The challenges and learnings the team faced during the game’s development was the impetus to form the Inca Games publishing arm to help other indie studios in the region, foster LatAm’s games ecosystem, and shine a light on its games and talent.
As Captain Christopher Pietham, players must align with an ideology, and strategically select and lead their squad of diverse companions into intergalactic conflict; dealing with the consequences of their choices throughout Element: Space’s deep story and rich combat.
The single-player game has core aspects of a classic squad-based tactical RPG but, rather than procedurally-generated missions, each is hand-crafted, non-linear, contains free-form skills-based combat, and is revealed based upon the player’s selection of factions, ideology, companions and more. Players experience 8 of the 24 nonlinear missions or submissions each time they play, determined by their choices, for an estimated 15 hours per playthrough, so the game must be replayed to experience the entire universe and story.
· A story and gameplay where every choice matters. Players’ selection of ideology, faction alliance, squad mate companions and behavior affect the weapon availability, skills, loyalty and the direction the story will take.
· 24 branching hand-crafted missions/sub-missions. Players experience 8 non-linear missions or submissions each time they play, determined by their choices, for an estimated 15 hours per playthrough, and the entirety of which requires multiple playthroughs.
· 7 faction worlds to explore (+3 non-playable). Each inspired by distinct cultures and traditions; and each with its own fighting style and agenda. Factions also provide unique bonuses depending upon the player’s loyalty and relationship with each.
· 8 potential companions to join you on your mission. Recruit 3 companions from eight unique squad-mates, each with their own backstory and narrative arc, as you race against time. Each unlocks different missions, weapons and/or specialized combat skills.
· A compelling skills-based battle system. Turn-based free-form combinations of movement, skills and attacks enables a unique team-based approach. A selection of 32 melee and ranged weapons is available, some unlocked based on faction relationships; Companions each have unique skills and develop 2 of 6 archetypes, with no two characters having the same combination; each set of enemies combine their abilities to challenge the player in a new way – all of this combines for complex combat and high replay-ability.
· Extinction Mode. A hardcore mode for those players seeking an extra challenge.
Element: Space can be downloaded on Steam, on the game’s website, on Humble Bundle, and on soon on GOG.com for a limited-time launch price of $19.99 USD, after which the game will be $29.99 USD. For additional information, please visit www.element-space.com.
About Sixth Vowel
Sixth Vowel is the in-house development studio of Inca Games, brought together by a shared passion to create exciting and creative experiences for gamers around the world. The company was born out of a commitment of making high-quality products with the goal to become one of the largest studios in Latin America. The team consists of talent from different countries and cultures with the conviction to tell amazing stories. Please visit www.sixthvowel.com for additional information.
About Inca Games
Based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Inca Games is the first Spanish-speaking Latin American games publisher with both a regional focus and global scale. Inca Games helps the LatAm developers bring the best games of the region to market, fosters the burgeoning games community with better access, and provides opportunities for worldwide co-publishing partners within the region.
A privately-held company with additional offices in the Netherlands and San Francisco recently released and Gaulicho Studio’s Tango: The Adventure Game and will also release Team Guazu’s Shadow Brawlers in Q2, 2019 through its incubator and publishing arm. For additional information, please visit www.incagames.com.
Interviews and evaluation codes are available upon request to qualified press (contact [email protected]) and content creators (contact [email protected]). The new Launch Trailer, Screenshots, Reviewer’s Guide, and additional press information are available here.
Element: Space Facebook Page
Inca Games Facebook Page
Sixth Vowel Facebook Page
Launch Trailer: https://youtu.be/XQPPClLSVCg
Inca Games Press Assets
Elizabeth Olson, Marketing Director
Email: [email protected]