March 14th, 2019 - Ghent, Belgium
VR Game Journey for Elysium Sails to Kickstarter
- A story-driven Virtual Reality game that takes you on a journey across Roman-Etruscan mythology -
Cronos Interactive and Mantis launched today their Kickstarter campaign for Journey for Elysium. To celebrate the occasion, the two Belgium companies also revealed a new trailer of the action-adventure VR game. The community can now directly support its development via Kickstarter to reach the goal of $22,521. Backers will receive many rewards such as the game before release, digital or physical art books, 3D printed characters or their own gravestone with their name engraved in-game. Journey for Elysium will be released at the end of 2019 on HTC Vive and Oculus VR, and more VR platforms later.
Journey For Elysium - Kickstarter Trailer
"I'm really excited about the launch of this campaign, as we finally get to share the result of all of our blood, sweat and tears with our fans, and the world,
” said Gilles Vandenoostende, Game Designer at Mantis. “As we enter the final stretch of development, I look forward to hearing all the feedback from the players. We can't do this without you!
"As a kid, we all dreamed about being a part of the games we played,” shared Dave Van de Maele, Co-founder & Managing Partner at Cronos Interactive. “Virtual Reality has evolved so far that this is finally possible. Personally I have fond memories of the Point and Click adventure games of the 80's and 90's. Journey For Elysium transports me right back into time. So excited!"Journey For Elysium
is a story-driven VR game inspired by Greek, Roman and Etruscan mythology. Players will take on the role of an unnamed warrior who has passed away and now finds himself on a boat in Penumbra hovering somewhere between life and death. They must use all their wit and skills to overcome a series of increasingly elaborate twists and challenges to reach Elysium and obtain redemption.
- Puzzles: Journey for Elysium brings back the excitement of classic adventures games of the 90’s and revamps them for a new era. Solve an increasingly complex range of puzzles, challenges and tests to move the story forward.
- A lot to discover: immerse yourself in a rich world, grounded between history and myth. Explore breathtaking environments and unravel surprising facts of the Classical antiquity. Connect with all your senses to this VR storytelling experience.
- Mechanics: sail on the Styx river and explore the underworld with the rowing mechanic, the most important mechanic of the game. This natural way of transportation is also very comfortable and immersive, whilst being seated or standing.
- Two modes: when you are not rowing, you can experience two different ways of moving around thanks to the Comfort or Immersive modes.
- Art style: enjoy the black and white art style inspired by the paintings of Gustave Doré. The high contrast art style fits best in recreating the desired atmosphere of the underworld. In addition, you will find golden highlights here and there, which will guide you further along the way.
For more information, follow @CronosInteractv and @Mantis_GamesBE on Twitter, or visit journeyforelysium.be.
About Cronos Interactive:
Cronos Interactive is a network for high quality entertainment games & immersive tech solutions. The company offer talented studios the advantages of belonging to a big professional network, with the creative freedom and agility usually only reserved for independent developers. Cronos Interactive provide innovators access to a pool of top-class consultants that help with the incubation, development & marketing of products on a global scale.
Based in the city of Ghent, Belgium, Mantis is an independent game development studio founded in 2018.
With a focus on VR, AR and other emerging technologies, Mantis is committed to making games that are meaningful, memorable and, above all, fun!
For all press inquiries (assets, codes, interview…), please, contact Cronos Interactive at:[email protected]