This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
MoonQuest (Available now on PC, macOS, and Linux for $19.99 USD)
After 8 years in development and 18 months in Early Access my indie game MoonQuest has just been officially released.
For the short version, see the Twitter announcement ( https://twitter.com/eigenbom/status/1232455335530524672 ).
Available now on:
- Steam (PC, $19.99 USD): https://store.steampowered.com/app/511540
- Itch (PC, macOS, and Linux, $19.99 USD): https://eigenbom.itch.io/moonquest
- Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebufr26PWHs&feature=youtu.be
MoonQuest is a procedurally-generated adventure game set in an alien world.
Every game in MoonQuest features a unique, procedurally-generated world to explore with a variety of regions, resources, wildlife, enemies, NPCs, and weather. The player can delve into the caves below the forest to find rare metal ores, adventure into ancient ruins to discover powerful items, and find the lost cathedral to discover its secrets.
The world in MoonQuest is surrounded by a number of strange moons, each with subtle influences on the landscape below it. For instance the Death Moon summons the undead, and the Golden Moon generates caches of treasure (previewed in this thread: https://twitter.com/eigenbom/status/1232839520279650304 ).
There are 21 playable characters in MoonQuest, some with unique abilities or items (previewed in this thread: https://twitter.com/eigenbom/status/1233168937417728002 ).
There are also hundreds of items to discover and craft, including weapons, tools, and armour. These items may be hidden deep within a mountain, in the cellar of a merchant, or locked away in a dungeon. Finding these items will help you not die. In the town you'll find merchants and crafting tools, and by locating the right currency or resources you can buy, forge, cook, or weave many useful items.
The game had a successful Kickstarter campaign back when it was known as Moonman.
MoonQuest features art by G.P. Lackey and Alex McDonald, music by Aliceffekt and Gio Lobato, SFX by Andrew Monte, and additional programming by Sam Izzo.
Please contact me if you would like a free review copy.
About the developer:
My name is Benjamin Porter. I'm an indie game developer from Melbourne, Australia. I'm @eigenbom on twitter ( https://twitter.com/eigenbom ).
Some of my other projects include:
- Founding @Pixel_Dailies, a pixel art community with 50,000 followers ( https://twitter.com/Pixel_Dailies )
- Creating hit parody game No Mario's Sky ( https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/30/12709270/no-mans-sky-super-mario-bros-procedurally-generated-mashup )
- Many experiments, such as infinite star wars crawl ( https://bp.io/starwars/ ), twitter avatar changer ( https://bp.io/avatar/ ), and 365 days of pixel art ( https://medium.com/@eigenbom/365-days-of-pixel-art-f6131f280537 )