[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
Madrid, March 1st, 2021. Sony Interactive Entertainment España (SIE España) and Weird Beluga are excited to reveal a brand new feature for Clid the Snail, the PS4/PS5-exclusive title that will be released as a digital title later this year. The Casette mode will let players enjoy the game's minimalist soundtrack as soon as they unlock new levels. Once the game is completed, the entire soundtrack will be available.
Clid the Snail is a dark fable about the feeling of not fitting in, of being an outcast. In this twin stick shooter, action adventure story, players will control Clid, a humanoid snail, always accompanied by his faithful sidekick Belu, a talkative firefly. If you want to hear how Clid the Snail's soundtrack sounds, here's just a glimpse:
"I wanted the music to sound sad and melancholic, but not depressing. It is the song that a snail would play in the middle of a town, in the middle of a thunderstorm. The rain is pouring and everybody is safe at home, looking through the window, unaware that a menace that is looming upon them", says Alejandro García, the composer of Clid the Snail's soundtrack. The title will be available later this year as an exclusive release for PS4 and PS5.
- Help Clid find his place in a hostile world while solving puzzles and wiping every enemy on the screen in this top-down shooter
- Unlock different weapons and combine them to create havoc along the way
- Enjoy Clid and Belu's love and hate relationship through their funny, witty dialogues
- Unlock mysteries in this fable about being an outcast and find out who Clid really is
Launched in 2015 by Sony Interactive Entertainment Spain, the PlayStation® Talents program aims to unify all the initiatives put together by the local Spanish branch in order to develop the Spanish creativity. The goal of the PlayStation Talents program is to support the local industry as well as to create video games fully developed in Spain to be sold around the globe. The PlayStation Talents program is formed by:
- Two educational areas: PlayStation® Future Talents and PlayStation® First
- The PlayStation® Awards, aimed at independent studios.
- PlayStation® Games Camp, a business incubator that is present in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, Málaga, and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- PlayStation® Alliances, where different projects with well-known local studios that have been sold overseas come together.
More information at http://www.playstationtalents.es/
ABOUT SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation™Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions in California, London, and Tokyo.