[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
TORONTO, May 6th, 2021 - Agens and Snowman’s uber-chill, authentic street skating title, Skate City, is available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 & PlayStation®5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, the Epic Games Store and Steam today with a special launch sale running from May 6th to May 8th.
"After growing up with our hands glued to the classics of the genre, we’re thrilled to be part of a new generation of skateboarding games as Skate City makes the leap to console and PC," shared Ryan Cash, Founder & Creative Director at Snowman.
Request your code now!
Review Note: for review purposes, we suggest 4-5 hours of gameplay to get a good feel for the game.
About Skate City
Skate City captures the heart and soul of street skating in an authentic light. Players will have the opportunity to explore three unique cities based off of real-world skate locations, including the streets of Los Angeles, Oslo and Barcelona. Set to original lo-fi beats, you can ride like a local through each city’s Challenge mode, or take it at your own pace with Endless Skate. Head to the skate shop to customize your player and unlock everything else available!
• Coast through three beautiful and iconic locations based off of real world skate spots in Los Angeles, Oslo, and Barcelona.
• Use the in-game camera tools to adjust the perspective with a fish eye lens that allows you to pan around the skater as you ride, zoom in and out or even use slow-mo controls to highlight your best tricks. Activate camera mode by holding down on the D-pad in Endless Skate Mode and adjust the perspective as you see fit!
• Hundreds of trick combinations, including flip tricks, grabs, grinds, spins and manuals with our easy-to-use controls.
• Over one hundred challenges to complete. Or chill out and ride at your own pace with Endless Skate.
• Customize your skater by picking up a new deck, trucks, wheels, shoes, hats, glasses, clothes or hairstyle. You can also change your skin tone while creating your skater.
• Original soundtrack of atmospheric lo-fi beats.
• Dreamy, beautiful, nostalgic art style.
For more information on Skate City, visit https://skatecitygame.com/. Follow @skatecitygame on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Join the conversation on Discord.
For special interview requests or any other requests, get in touch with [email protected]
For screenshots, key art, gifs and trailer, you can find the presskit here.
Find on Steam here.
Located in Oslo, Norway, Agens has developed digital games since 2005 as a subdivision of Agens AS. Throughout more than ten years and 100 game productions, Agens goal has been this: to create fun and memorable experiences for everyone.
Agens is developing games for both external brands and their own IPs, focusing on handheld platforms.
Snowman is a small studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, their goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while.
Founded in 2012 with the release of a to-do app Checkmark, Snowman went on to launch Circles, Super Squares and Shifts before collaborating with Harry Nesbitt on Alto’s Adventure. In September 2019, Snowman released Where Cards Fall and Skate City exclusively on Apple Arcade. On the horizon is DISTANT; a collaboration with Slingshot and Satchel.