[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
Suzhou, China – September 24th - Angela Game has announced that its multiplayer war sandbox game Myth of Empires will be holding a global closed beta test starting on October 2nd, 2021 and lasting until October 10th, 2021. Registration goes live today.
Apply for the beta through Steam’s Playtest function here:
This test marks the first global beta for Myth of Empires, a game which select players had the chance to experience in April and June in the first closed alpha and the localization alpha test, respectively.
“This beta test brings us one step closer to the Myth of Empires experience we’ve long envisioned,” says Meng Liang, Producer at Angela Game and Project Director at Angela Game’s T’ien-Kung Studio. “It’s our first global beta and the biggest test yet, in terms of both content and scale. We can’t wait to see how players respond to all of the new gameplay and improvements we’ve put in the game.”
Myth of Empires is a multiplayer sandbox game featuring a high degree of freedom. Players will fight to survive and earn their place in a world torn apart by war, build fortresses, lead armies in massive battles, siege enemy cities, and establish their own empires!
Key features available in the beta test:
- Brave an unforgiving world filled with bandits, wild animals, and hostile players. Stave off hunger with meat collected through hunting, and collect resources from the world to build your fort.
- Engage enemies in intense, tactical combat. Control the direction of your strikes to maximize their impact and damage.
- Craft dozens of different kinds of weapons and armor of different tiers to help you in battle. Make swords, spears, halberds, axes, throwing weapons, crossbows, bows, shields, and more!
- Construct your very own customized structures piece by piece, and build siege weapons such including ballistas, catapults, trebuchets and siege ladders to wreak havoc upon enemy fortresses.
- Recruit NPCs through peaceful means or by force and have them collect resources, craft items, hunt, or fight alongside you. Tame horses that you can ride into battle, or breed them to make horses with attributes more suited to your needs.
- A robust guild system allows players to form factions with their friends. Work together to fend off enemy attacks, conquer your server, and reign supreme!
- New gameplay and content: County, province, and fortress siege battles, as well as improved voice-chat, a new trade system, and character voices.
- New environments: Snowy mountains, desert, swamps, caves, and an all-new weather system.
- New craftables: New weapons, armour, buildings, recipes, crops, carts, and more.
- New animals: Elephants, rhinos, crocodiles, butterflies, fish, and more.
- PVE and PVP servers will be available in Asia, North America, and Europe.
Join the Myth of Empires Discord server: https://discord.gg/SU9rR7pKEU
Follow Myth of Empires on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MythOfEmpires
Follow Myth of Empires on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mythofempires/
Follow Myth of Empires on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/MythofEmpires
Myth of Empires is developed by Angela Game’s T’ien-Kung Studio.
About T’ien-Kung Studio
T’ien-Kung Studio is one of Angela Game’s core game development teams. It consists of more than 50 senior members, each with more than a decade of game development experience. The core creators have worked together for more than ten years, and have worked together in the development of a variety of games for PC, console, VR platforms, and mobile systems.
About Angela Game
Angela Game is an independent game developer located in Suzhou, China. Founded in 2019, this passionate, ambitious, and talented studio seeks to create titles that appeal to hardcore gamers looking for original ideas and engaging gameplay.