Founder and owner of Abyss Lights Studio
Degree: - Master of Biology and Chemistry Sciences (Chernovtsy National University, Ukraine; 1993)
- 20 years of global multimedia production experience.
- 12 years of work in game industry.
- 10 years of work on managing positions, including over 8 years of private company business experience (work with finances, legal documents, client’s relations, agreements, team management, CG and video game projects management and producing)
- Versatile skills and practical experience of work in different areas of multimedia production industry, including music composing, sound FX design, graphical and web design, video composing, primary basic knowledge of HTML and C++.
- In-depth knowledge of the market and competitive conditions driving key industry segments
- Innovative problem-solver, combining strategic thinking and vision with decisive, tactical action.
Exposure to, and working relationships with top management of some of the world’s leading corporations.
1999-2001 - Game dev. company “Boston Animation, Inc.” - Sound Department Manager
2002 until now - "Abyss Lights Studio" - Owner and CEO, Producer
- Pursue and cultivate business development opportunities
- Manage financial and legal issues related to game development and outsourcing
- Project management (bidding, scheduling, team/task , client relations)
- Project producing (game & interface design, art design, gameplay)
- Team management (35 employees and up to 100 freelancers)
- During tight deadlines, perform texturing, GUI design development, 3D models correction, gameplay testing, promo materials and documents creation, web-site design development and media content preparation.
Personal works portfolio is available at:
We launched crowd funding campaign at Kickstarter for our game Skyjacker.
Looking forward to get your support and contributions.
[News - 09/19/2012 - 04:00]
[Feature - 08/20/2012 - 04:00]
Very very interesting article Thank ...
Very very interesting article Thank you Ryan It was very helpful and instructive to read this article, having own Kickstarter experience. Unfortunately our project SKYJACKER failed to reach its goal there on Kickstarter, but it 's really helpful to read such postmortem and to compare other 's experience with your ...
[News - 08/09/2012 - 09:39]
Most of commenters here are ...
Most of commenters here are quite skeptic or accurate in their awaiting, and I LIKE IT : It means everything is not so bad with us, game developers. Cause my strong opinion - OUYA is a kind of bubble, based on philistines ' cluelessness. We got dozens of messages from ...
[News - 04/27/2012 - 05:14]
After reading opinions and answers ...
After reading opinions and answers I 'm getting strange feeling - why nobody say about promotion Kickstarter is kind of online show. And we found, that the price of tier is not the key, but promotion is the key.Having a great idea, good presentation of the project and even playable ...
[Blog - 12/01/2010 - 11:03]
Robert, there is a perfect ...
Robert, there is a perfect book: Edward Yourdon Death March The Complete Software Developer's Guide to Surviving Mission Impossible Projects I've read it 7-8 years ago, when I was in similar position.
[Blog - 11/17/2010 - 04:27]
Eloy, thank you for your ...
Eloy, thank you for your blog - I found there myself 9 years ago. Me and 150 other employees were fired in Novemebr 30, 2001, when our US based main company collapsed in total US economics fall after 9/11 attacks. So I decided to open my own studio. It was ...