Electronic Arts’ 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa topped UK sales rankings for the second consecutive week, as the title sold more than 1 million units in the region since its release, Chart-Track said Monday.
The game was able to fend-off the strong-selling Wii-exclusive Just Dance from Ubisoft on Chart-Track’s all-platforms chart, which lumps together unit sales of all versions of a given title. Just Dance has reached the top of the UK charts four times since its November 2009 debut.
New entries on the firm’s top 40 sales chart included Nintendo’s DS game WarioWare: D.I.Y. Sony’s November 2009 PSP game Invizimals, which uses the PSP camera to have players “capture” creatures against a real-world backdrop, re-entered the top 40 this week at number 28 thanks to promotions, Chart-Track said.
Chart-movers included Sega’s licensed movie spin-off Iron Man 2, which climbed to number 12 from number 20 a week ago, with a 58 percent rise in unit sales. Capcom’s Super Street Fighter IV, which debuted the previous week at number two, fell to number six with a 51 percent week-on-week drop.
Falling out of the top 10 from last week was Sony’s God of War Collection for PS3.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
5. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (EA)
6. Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
7. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
8. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft)
9. GTA Episodes: Liberty City (Take-Two)
10. Just Cause 2 (Square Enix)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The PS3 version of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa again led the individual platform charts, which ranks individual versions of a given title. Ubisoft’s Just Dance edged out the Xbox 360 version of the soccer title, which came in at number three.
1. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, PS3)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
3. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, Xbox 360)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
5. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
7. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
8. GTA Episodes: Liberty City (Take-Two, PS3)
9. God of War III (Sony, PS3)
10. Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom, PS3)