Take-Two and Rockstar's open world western Red Dead Redemption led video game sales in the UK during the game's debut week, ended May 22, Chart-Track said Monday.
The tracking firm said the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game is Take-Two's second time topping the all-platforms sales charts, following the chart-topping BioShock 2 earlier this year.
Chart-Track said sales of the title were enough for it to rank number 11 overall in terms of best ever weekly sales on the all-platforms chart.
Other high-profile releases making the top 10 chart this week were Disney and Black Rock Studios' racing game Split/Second: Velocity, Ubisoft's movie tie-in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Sony's PS3 game ModNation Racers.
Below are the top 10 rankings for the all-platforms chart, which combines sales of all versions of a given game.
UK All Platforms Top 10
1. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two)
2. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
3. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
5. Split/Second: Velocity (Disney)
6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
7. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
8. Alan Wake (Microsoft)
9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
10. ModNation Racers (Sony)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
On the individual platforms top 10, the Xbox 360 version of Red Dead Redemption came out on top, followed by the PS3 version. ModNation Racers was the only other newly-released SKU to make it to the individual platforms top 10, which ranks games according to sales of each version of a given title.
1. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two, Xbox 360)
2. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two, PS3)
3. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
5. Alan Wake (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
6. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, PS3)
7. ModNation Racers (Sony, PS3)
8. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, Xbox 360)
9. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
10. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360)