The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Novato, CA
2K seeks a skilled and experienced Lead Mission Designer to drive the creation of engaging and challenging missions as part of a AAA console team.
• Work closely with the project Design Director, Narrative Director, and Creative Director to define the high-level vision - including context and objectives - for all missions throughout the game.
• Manage and mentor Mission Designers to deliver missions at the highest possible quality.
• Ensure that both mission flow and individual mission spaces form a cohesive and compelling experience.
• Collaborate with the Lead Gameplay Designer to ensure that missions support the core gameplay mechanics, and that core gameplay mechanics allow for missions that both provide challenging combat and allow for player agency and expression.
• Collaborate with other leads, including the Lead World Designer, Lead Writer, and Lead World Artist, to ensure that all missions are integral in immersing players in the setting and story.
• Define mission design and review processes, templates, and documentation requirements.
• Identify mission design risks and propose mitigations.
• Evaluate interim builds and provide constructive, concrete feedback.
• Own other areas of the design as necessary.
• Foster a culture of innovation and iteration.
• Work closely with Production to define milestone deliverables and schedules.
• Continuously improve creative processes and best practices.
• Lead or participate in cross-disciplinary implementation teams.
• Play the game on an ongoing basis and be a last line of defense for all mission quality issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• 7+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Level or Mission Design.
• At least 3 shipped titles.
• Experience with AAA titles required.
• Proven ability to define and deliver AAA level or mission designs.
• Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills.
• Deep understanding of core game mechanics, level/mission design, narrative design, and systems design.
• Strong leadership, mentorship and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
• Detailed knowledge of interactive entertainment industry allowing for innovative concepts and promotion of new ideas.
• Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here