This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The Independent Games Festival China – which will take place this October alongside GDC China in Shanghai – has opened its call for submissions and is accepting indie game entries from the pan-Pacific area from now through July 20th.
GDC China will once again host all three main elements of IGF China, including the Independent Games Summit, the IGF Pavilion, and the prestigious IGF China Awards.
For the seventh year running the IGF Summit at GDC China will feature sessions from some of the world's top developers, while the IGF Pavilion will showcase some of the region's best independent and student games.
And of course the IGF China Awards – which are split into both Main and Student competitions – will highlight the many talented developers in the pan-Pacific area.
Last year's event saw a diverse array of entries from regions including Mainland China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Serbia, Montenegro, and more.
Many excellent games were honored during last year's 6th annual IGF Awards, including the colorful casual strategy game and Best Game Winner King's League: Odyssey along with the Best Student Game winner, the the sound-based survival thriller Looking.
The upcoming 2015 IGF China Main Competition will give out awards and cash prizes in six categories, including:
- Best Game (RMB20,000 ~ $3,220 USD)
- Best Mobile Game (RMB10,000 ~ $1,610 USD)
- Excellence in Audio (RMB5,000 ~ $805 USD)
- Excellence in Design (RMB5,000 ~ $805 USD)
- Excellence in Technology (RMB5,000 ~ $805 USD)
- Excellence in Visual Arts (RMB5,000 ~ $805 USD)
The Student Competition, meanwhile, will offer two awards:
- Best Student Game (RMB10, 000 ~ $1,610 USD, 1 Winner)
- Excellent Student Winner (RMB3, 000 ~$483 USD, 2 Winners).
Finalists -- who will receive two All Access passes to attend GDC China 2015 and the IGF awards ceremony -- will be chosen by a panel of expert jurors including Tiexen Liang (Founder, wanGa.me); Kevin Li (CEO, TipCat Interactive); Monte Singman (Founder/CEO, Radiance Digital Entertainment); Chen Wang (Chuapp co-founder); Cloud Yu (Ejoy Tech co-founder); Xubo Yang (Director of Digital Art Lab and Professor; Shanghai Jiaotong University's School of Software), Haipeng Yu (Producer, Tencent Shanghai), and jury chairman Simon Carless, IGF Chairman Emeritus and EVP of the GDC shows and Gamasutra.
The key dates for IGF China include:
- July 20, 2015 - Submission Deadline
- September 15, 2015 - Finalists Announced
- October 25-27, 2015 - Game Developers Conference China 2015
- October 26, 2015 - Independent Games Summit at GDC China 2014
- October 26, 2015 - IGF China Awards Ceremony (Winners Announced!)
Registration for GDC China 2015 itself is expected to open later this month. For more information on the event, please visit the official conference site.
For updates on all Game Developers Conferences, subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Tech.