The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a Visual Effects Artist to help bring life to Artillery's first title, Project Atlas. We're turning the idea of a real-time strategy game on its head and looking to build a lasting, iconic universe with an engaging story, compelling units, and ultra-fun multiplayer battles!
- Embrace our high bar for art and create work that supports the unique style of our game and fulfills gameplay vision.
- Create a wide range of high quality particle effects, using our proprietary tools
- Aid us in tuning our VFX pipeline and pushing the boundaries of our engine
- Collaborate with other team disciplines including art, game design and engineering
- Develop assets optimized for current systems
- Troubleshoot and problem solve visual effects issues while balancing art and gameplay needs.
We're interested in individuals with:
- Industry experience on game titles as a VFX artist
- Deep experience and understanding of Photoshop, After Effects and other effects-related tools for creating textures and effects sequences
- Experience working in Maya and other 3D packages
- Knack for creating stylized graphics and flipbooks, hand-painted and animated effects are a big plus.
- Working knowledge of game engines and the willingness to drive the development of our own engine and pipeline
- Excitement toward designing awesome effects for many units in a genre-pushing RTS game with fresh art style
We also highly value candidates with these skills and qualities:
- Having multiple shipped titles is a plus but not a requirement
- Creative personal projects
- A rabid passion for gaming and strong knowledge of games -- love for RTSes and MOBAs is a plus!
- A strong intrinsic drive to build something you'll be proud of decades from now
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.