The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Sucker Punch is looking for a seasoned character artist to join the character team for the next big adventure. With a strong focus on realistic human anatomy, facial likeness, and clothing, we are looking to step up our game!
- Create highly-efficient, realistic next-gen characters.
- Help design, construct, document, and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director is achieved.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Be comfortable working with scan data
- experience Zbrush, and Mudbox.
- experience with Photoshop
- experience with industry standard 3-D package (3D Studio Max and Maya).
- Strong human sculpting skills with an ability to create highly realistic facial likeness.
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong understanding of the history of costume design.
- Strong understanding of silhouette and its impact on perception of content.
- Strong understanding of current Physically based rendering technology.
- Solid experience and understanding of real-time pipelines.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing technology.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Must be able to work well within a team, accept direction, and embrace change. Ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Scanning experience
- Experience with pattern making and or Marvelous Designer
- Experience with Substance
- Experience with Mari
- Blend shape experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.