The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, California
Within the Product Strategy & Planning (PS&P) team at SIEA, the Senior Technical Project Manager is expected to manage projects impacting the Americas region from initial conception and planning through to execution and operational phases (full lifecycle).
In particular, this role primarily owns “Go to Market” project management for new platform products and features within the Americas, along with operational support. These projects are typically platform initiatives which vary in scope and subject matter, ranging from incremental feature planning through to new hardware and software releases.
The PS&P team works with a broad set of internal and external teams including global counterparts responsible for other aspects of product planning and development in the PlayStation family. As such, the ideal candidate has direct experience of platform planning and/or managing projects in global digital media entertainment environment (gaming experience/interest strongly desired).
- Work with cross-functional and cross-company teams to define/enhance, launch, and support new products that support strategic business initiatives through entire project lifecycle
- Act as a regional contact point for external teams when working with counterparts around the world to plan for product launches
- Communicate and evangelize new platform features and services within the region, and generally act as a point of contact regarding platform products for internal SIEA teams
- Develop an understanding of various region-specific business initiatives, objectives and represent them in discussion with global teams to influence product direction for market and operational fit
- Structure and execute initiatives by developing project proposals, recommendations, and planning delivery of platform products such as PS VR, Pro and system software Beta
- Communicate platform objectives, status, expectations to regional teams and management
- Create, manage, and track project schedules, dependencies, deadlines, and other documentation to ensure delivery & quality of product.
- Where required, manage product requirements, definition, and policies of various regional initiatives which may require product development
- Work closely with business (Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Third Party Relations, CS etc.) and product development team (internal and/or external) teams to translate between business needs/opportunities and product requirements,
- Maintain a holistic view of product development and business direction to appropriately consult on prioritization requests so as to deliver platform products successfully and in the right timeframe
- Motivate cross-functional and cross-organizational project team to work together in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Mentor other Technical Project managers to organize workflow, assign duties, projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability in leading strategic initiatives such as the launch of a new business, service, or product, or complex operational initiatives and processes, such as managing operations for an online site or service.
- Demonstrated experience of managing projects/products within product and software development lifecycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set (highly technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive management), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- Must be able to create and deliver informative, well-organized and engaging presentations as well project plans, reports, and other project documents.
- Excellent people skills required. Must be able to build, lead and motivate a team in a matrixed project environment. Must be comfortable with mitigating team conflict and resolving communication or other problems within the project team.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Must be resourceful and seek solutions through information gathering, stakeholder discussions, and/or judgment.
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest in gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Possesses solid understanding in the areas of Internet, client/server technology, consumer electronics, and digital media.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application for console gaming and digital entertainment
- Degree from a four-year college (i.e. BA, BS) in fields relating to business management, product development, engineering, communication, media or product design or equivalent
- At least 4+ years’ experience in a project management / planning role in an online, gaming or digital media entertainment environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.