The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Jose, California
- Create models, textures, and materials for characters, armor, and weapons
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D
- Collaborate with Animators and FX artists to breathe life into your characters
- Help drive the art vision for the game
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Help define and drive a character customization system
- Help set and maintain the high quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Character Artist
- Professional experience working on current generation games
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Advanced understanding of proportion, silhouette, color theory, and anatomy
- Advanced understanding of model topology and skinning
- Experience creating hard surface and organic assets
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See:
- Experience creating 2D rough concepts and/or illustrations
- Experience with character customization systems
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, SpeedTree, or other additional 3D tools
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.