Gamasutra is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.


Gamasutra: The Art & Business of Making Gamesspacer
View All     RSS
July 13, 2020
arrowPress Releases







If you enjoy reading this site, you might also want to check out these UBM Tech sites:


Kalypso Media has acquired  Port Royale  developer Gaming Mind Studios

Kalypso Media has acquired Port Royale developer Gaming Mind Studios

June 9, 2020 | By Chris Kerr




Tropico publisher Kalypso Media has fully acquired Port Royale developer Gaming Mind Studios for an undisclosed fee. 

Kalypso previously owned a 60 percent stake in the studio, but has now acquired the remaining 40 percent stake to bring the studio under its full control. 

The German publisher said the deal will bolster its development capabilities while adding franchises like Railway Empire and Port Royale to its catalog.

"The complete takeover of Gaming Minds is a logical result of our strategy to expand our own development resources not only in Germany, but also internationally," said Simon Hellwig, owner and global managing director of Kalypso Media. 

"We are offering the highly qualified and motivated team in Gutersloh the opportunity to focus exclusively on the further development of exciting franchises such as Railway Empire and Port Royale and to establish their own engine even more strongly within the rest of the Kalypso Media Group."

The move comes just over six months after Kalypso opened its third internal studio to work on the next entry in the Commandos series.



Related Jobs

Yacht Club Games
Yacht Club Games — Los Angeles, California, United States
[07.13.20]

Mid-Senior Gameplay Programmer
Schell Games
Schell Games — Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
[07.13.20]

Public Relations Specialist
Insomniac Games
Insomniac Games — Burbank, California, United States
[07.13.20]

Sr. VFX Artist
Insomniac Games
Insomniac Games — Burbank, California, United States
[07.13.20]

Lead Lighting Artist









Loading Comments

loader image