January 28, 2008 | By Leigh Alexander 1 comments More:
Following the NPD's recent release of the top ten best-selling PC games of 2007, the group has updated that list after conceding that it made an error.
The incorrect NPD counts relate to the exclusion of Deluxe and Gold versions of certain games from the overall count, and the newly-released top 10 list reflects the corrections.
Notably, the NPD had initially shown The Sims 2 in seventh place with 281,000 units sold, while the updated list shows the game in third with a total 534,000 units sold. This results in a shift for The Sims 2: Seasons expansion pack from third to fourth, while Call of Duty 4 moves from fourth to fifth place.
The updated list also shows other Sims-related changes, as the Bon Voyage expansion pack moves from eighth to tenth, and the Pets expansion pack is shifted out of the top 10.
Age of Empires III is now credited for selling 313,000 units rather than the previously-announced 259,000. As a result, Flight Simulator X shifts into the ninth-place spot while AoE III moves up to seventh.
Top 10 PC Games of 2007 (Corrected)
1. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade – (Vivendi) – 2.25 million
2. World of Warcraft– (Vivendi) – 914K
3. The Sims 2 – (Electronic Arts) – 534K
4. The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion Pack – (Electronic Arts) – 433K
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – (Activision) – 383K
6. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars – (Electronic Arts) – 350K
7. MS Age of Empires III – (Microsoft) – 313K
8. Sim City 4 - (Electronic Arts) – 294K
9. MS Flight Simulator X - (Microsoft) - 280K
10.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage Expansion Pack – (Electronic Arts) – 272K