once again took to the top of the UK sales charts last week, marking its ninth number one since it launched 38 weeks ago.
For the week ended June 16, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, the soccer title hasn't dropped out of the top five since it first launched last year. Last week's number one, Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
, was knocked down to number two.
Chart-Track notes that FIFA 12
's boosted popularity comes as the UEFA Euro 2012 tournament kicks off, and that the official Euro 2012 game is downloadable content for FIFA 12
, meaning players who want to partake in the game alongside the real-life tournament need to purchase FIFA 12
There were a couple of new releases in the chart, as Grasshopper's Lollipop Chainsaw
launched at number four, and Gravity Rush
for PS Vita entered just outside the top 10 at number 11.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
3. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
4. Lollipop Chainsaw (Warner Bros.)
5. Battlefield 3 (EA)
6. Diablo III (Activision Blizzard)
7. Game of Thrones (Focus)
8. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
9. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympics Games (Sega)
10. Dirt Showdown (Codemasters)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 version of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
held on to the top of Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart for the third week in a row.
1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
2. FIFA 12 (EA, Xbox 360)
3. Diablo III (Activision Blizzard, PC)
4. Lollipop Chainsaw (Warner Bros. Xbox 360)
5. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar, Xbox 360)
6. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar, PS3)
7. FIFA 12 (EA, PS3)
8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft, PS3)
9. Gravity Rush (SCE, Vita)
10. Battlefield 3 (EA, Xbox 360)