Every week, Gamasutra rounds up the top-grossing Android gaming applications, as current that day at Google Play. This week's U.S. revenue charts see Rage of Bahamut and Slotomania leading today's rankings, as Final Fantasy III and Temple Run also report top earnings.
These charts allow end users to see who is making the most money on Google Play that day. It differs significantly from the Top Paid Games chart, which is ranked by sales, and therefore is dominated by lower-priced titles that sell more copies.
Data comes courtesy of Google's public sales information. All titles in Google Play's "Games" category are considered in chart rankings.
This week's top-grossing Android titles are:
1. Rage of Bahamut (Mobage, Free)
2. Slotomania (Playtika, Free)
3. Slot City: Slot Machines (Dragonplay, Free)
4. Zynga Poker (Zynga, Free)
5. Final Fantasy III (Square Enix, $15.99)
6. Live Holdem Poker Pro (Dragonplay, Free)
7. Tiny Village (TinyCo, Free)
8. Crime City (Funzio, Free)
9. Smurfs' Village (Beeline, Free)
10. Temple Run (Imangi, Free)
Rage of Bahamut, Slotomania, and Slot City: Slot Machines head up Google Play's revenue charts for the second week in a row, while Zynga Poker overtakes Square Enix's premium-priced Final Fantasy III to finish at fourth place.
Tiny Village and Crime City remain top earners at seventh and eighth, meanwhile, as Imangi's Temple Run returns to the charts after a brief absence at tenth place.