Sense of Wonder Night 2012 highlights experimental indie games
Organizers for the Sense of Wonder Night competition have selected ten experimental indie titles that will be showcased at Tokyo Game Show later this month.
Modeled after the Game Developers Conference's Experimental Gameplay Workshop, SOWN seeks to feature games with unconventional ideas and designs, and to give developers an opportunity to present their projects to a game industry audience.
The ten games that will be featured at SOWN 2012
include the following (alphabetical order):
- Backworlds by Anders Ekermo & Juha Kangas (Sweden)
- BaraBariBall by Noah Sasso (U.S.)
- Breaks by Takayuki Yanagihara (Japan)
- Chumam by Sho Ishida (Japan)
- Douse by DigiPen Team Terrabyte (U.S.)
- Grandmaster by Artur Mine and Dmitry Verbitsky (Ukraine)
- Memory of a Broken Dimension by Ezra Hanson-White (U.S.)
- Taiso by Zacozaco (Japan)
- Tengami by Jennifer Schneidereit (UK)
- The Light Shooter by Kyosuke Yasumoto (Japan)
SOWN 2012's judges picked the games from a pool of 75 applications submitted by developers all over the world. All of the developers will present their titles at a Tokyo Game Show event (which will be livestreamed online) on September 21.