The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Madison, WI
Raven Software, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty
franchise (Black Ops, Modern Warfare, Ghosts, Call of Duty: Online
) is seeking a passionate Lead Designer to join our team to work on our next project.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, Raven Software offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
The Lead Designer manages the design team and drives the creation of compelling, 90+ rated, quality gameplay. The Lead Designer works with Creative and Design Directors to ensure consistent, high-quality combat encounters and exploration across the single player, cooperative play and multiplayer modes. Additionally, the Lead Designer acts as the arbiter of quality for the entire design staff at Raven.
• Take primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of a world class design team, focusing on rigorous evaluation, training and development of the staff
• Maintain an active internship program with annual recruitment and selection of candidates followed by 12 months of integration on active teams
• Act as an in-house mentor and manager of the Design Team for level creation and combat design, offering leadership, guidance, assistance, and feedback on a regular basis.
• Work closely with the Creative Directors to ensure high quality gameplay results across all modes.
• Task tracking and management alongside producers setting the expected scope of the work and quality expectations by agreed deadlines
• Industry experience across at least 2 AAA shipped titles
• Prior experience in a lead/senior design role
• Self-motivated, proactive personality, that is concentrated on solving issues before they become problems
• Clear understanding of the FPS genre and what makes combat engaging and fun
• Knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre and ability to deconstruct the elements of the game which make it exceptional
• Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate well both written and orally
• Strong desire and drive to develop cutting edge titles
• Able to deliver quality without drama, and deliver excellence without ego
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Ability to map out overall game pacing
• Strong portfolio of work in current-gen engines
• Experience developing first-person shooters
• Ability to assist with level, narrative, and systems design when the situation arises .
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here