Get a job: 2K is hiring a Graphics Programmer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Novato, CA
2K Games seeks the talents of a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
• Write code that fulfills the functional, graphical and technical requirements of the project.
• Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
• Assist the artists with the creation of cutting edge environments and effects within technical requirements.
• Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
• Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• Thorough understanding of 3D math.
• Expert knowledge of real time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects.
• Experience with multi processor programming.
• Experience writing vertex and pixel shader code.
• 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
• Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
• Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
• One or more shipped PC or console game titles, FPS or RPG titles.
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here