The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Seattle, Washington
Runic Games has an immediate opening for a visual effects artist for full time work at our downtown Seattle base of operations. This position will be responsible for creating compelling and dynamic real-time visual effects (explosions, spells, fire, etc.) as well as working with both our engineering and art teams to improve the capabilities and efficiency of our visual effects creation pipeline.
The ideal candidate has considerable skill and knowledge of both 2D and 3D animation principles as well as an understanding of basic 2D/3D physics and their application to visual effects. Experience creating stylized 2D textures and animation in Adobe Photoshop is required, as is the ability to create textured/rigged 3D models (preferably in Autodesk 3D Studio Max).
- Experience creating compelling real-time visual effects using Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
- Familiarity with real-time 3D rendering engines and their capabilities.
- Expertise matching a 2D texture style when developing from-scratch effect textures.
- Proficiency with particle systems, basic 2D/3D physics, basic shader principles, etc.
- Strong communications skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to get work done with minimum supervision.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience or at least 1 shipped title as a visual effects artist creating real-time effects for games (or equivalent experience in a related industry).
- Cover letter
- Online portfolio / demo reel of relevant work
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here