Get a job: Turbine is hiring a Senior UI Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Needham, MA
Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a highly talented Senior User Interface Artist for an exciting new mobile title. The UI Artist will work closely with creative members of Art, Engineering and Design to create the look, feel and functional flow of a new user interface.
Under the guidance of the Art Lead, the Senior UI Artist will establish the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-game HUD, and additional art content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets. The Artist will generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product. The Artist will work closely with the Designers to iterate on concepts/wireframes until visual and usability requirements are met, as well as with Engineers to ensure that all assets appear in-game to specification and within technical constraints. The ideal candidate will have a driving desire to create a UI that is highly functional, elegant to use, and beautiful to look at. They are flexible and able to adapt to changing design goals in a fast-paced environment. The game you will be working on will be based on an exciting top tier Warner Brother property that has worldwide popularity.
- Work with the Art, Engineering and Design teams to determine the functionality, visual language and features of a user interface.
- Creation of all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, Icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation.
- Work directly with the Art Lead, establishing the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-- game HUD, and additional art content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets.
- Work closely with the Designers to iterate on concepts/wireframes until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Work with Engineers to ensure that all assets appear in-game to specification and within technical constraints.
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product.
- Have a driving desire to make the best-looking and most intuitive user interface ever experienced in a mobile game.
- Technical integration, bug fixing and visual polish of final designs.
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in visual media with a focus on user interface design.
- An understanding of the nature of user interaction in mobile games.
- Strong examples of work demonstrating visual creativity, spatial layout, typography, and graphic illustration.
- Ability to work within the constraints of a system design and a strong understanding of interactivity and information architecture.
- Willing and able to collaborate closely with designers, artists, engineers, and producers to create a UI that is efficient, functional, and beautiful.
- Good time-management and organization skills, and the flexibility to adapt priorities to changing requirements within the team.
- Must be a good communicator and team player, and be able to take art direction.
- High proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here