The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Champaign, IL
Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and creative concept artist to help define the look of our titles. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and will have the opportunity to contribute to the projects well beyond the bounds of great-looking concept art.
- Contribute to the game vision, other disciplines, and the team by communicating through concepts.
- Inspire the team by exploring and defining the setting, tone and mood of the game through richly detailed and inspiring concept art.
- Create concept art that is clear, concise, and easily readable for production artists to take into fully realized 3D assets.
- Collaborate with other team members from varied disciplines to drive the game vision forward.
- We’re looking for experienced candidates, so we want at least 5 years of applicable game industry experience – leadership experience is a plus.
- In order to achieve the above, you need a strong understanding of lighting, anatomy, composition, perspective, color theory, scale, proportion, value and architectural design.
- Be an expert in Photoshop but any additional software packages such as 3D software for scene blocking is a plus.
- You need to be able to communicate ideas visually as well as verbally.
- You need to be able to give and receive critique from all members of the team.
Sample work required
- Current samples of 2D art work including digital paintings, sketches, direction sheets, etc.
- Current samples of any relevant 3D game artwork.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here