The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Emeryville, CA
The Community Manager demonstrates a passion for the gaming industry by implementing a love for the game communities and acts as an advocate for Wargaming America (WGA) customers as well as the development and publishing teams.
The WGA Community Manager is the Shepherd, Advocate, Leader of the Wargaming community. The entire scope of care that the community needs must be dynamically employed by the Community Manager to ensure that the player base gets what they need, when they need it, in the forms they need it in. Beyond all tasks and responsibilities, the proper care and feeding of the community is the primary focus of the Community Manager.
Success in this role is measured by the health and vibrancy of the community. A "flat" community may need more direct involvement; a toxic one, a stronger hand. The Community Manager must advocate for what the player-base needs by action, and when blocks to the community’s needs are found, the Community Manager must tear them down. A high NPS score indicates that the Community Manager is effective.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain consistent and positive presence in discussion forums in order to understand the state of the community, and what they need.
- Should be an active face for the community in channels beyond forums (in-game, etc).
- Report and monitor all measures and indicators of community satisfaction and engagement.
- Recommend community initiatives based on all metrics and feedback.
- Create and manage events designed to directly engage and enrich the community experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with key community influencers.
- Identify and leverage user-generated content.
- Engage in high-level discussions with our customers, communicating the development vision when appropriate.
- Foster growth of external Wargaming community through aggressive promotion of fan-created websites, resources and tools.
- Organize and attend Wargaming player events.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School Diploma, relevant training and demonstrated skills aligned to the job requirement.
EXPERIENCE: A strong grasp of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience working with task management software such as JIRA, Confluence, and Basecamp. Experience at a video game studio or publisher is required. Experience as a Community Manager is required.
SKILLS: Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written and listening skills and a proficient use of the English language. Capable of speaking and writing Spanish, Portuguese, or Russian a plus.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here