Get a job: Cloud Imperium Games is hiring a Gameplay Programmer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a skilled and talented Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen
! The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the CryEngine.
*Position is also available in our Austin & Manchester studio
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features.
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
= Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Lua and/or Python development skills.
- UI development experience, including Scaleform and/or Flash/AS2/AS3 knowledge.
- CryEngine development experience.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features.
- Space combat sim development experience.
- Experience in game physics programming and 3D math.
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration.
- Please send your resume or CV in PDF, HTML, text, or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gameplay Programmer” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here