The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Shield Break Studios is looking to hire a community / marketing manager passionate about gaming communities, and social media. You are someone who will work in close partnership with the dev team to build excitement around Shield Break Studios and it’s first game Bierzerkers. You are a driven and self-motivated student of brand marketing and communications, with experience in large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry.
This is a full-time position with Shield Break Studios. We are located in Orange County, CA.
- Act as a public-facing representative of Shield Break and communicate on behalf of the studio across multiple channels and at events.
- Drive the design and execution of community development efforts.
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement.
- Create communications (e.g., social posts, blogs) with high levels of quality and timeliness.
- Strategize and execute on reactive communications to players.
- Build relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, players, teams, and volunteers.
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events.
- Analyze and report on content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
- Ensure quality on behalf of the team and brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Demonstrate experience with third party relationship management
- Demonstrate experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel.
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Experience with marketing analytics and CRM (Google Analytics, Mailchimp, etc.)
- A passionate gamer
- Existing strong personal network within gaming communities
- Video publishing and / or graphic arts experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.