Get a job: Amazon Games is hiring an experienced UI Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
At Amazon’s Double Helix Studio, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate, experienced UI Artist to design and develop user interface styles, structures and flow that integrate deeply and seamlessly with game systems and complement the overall art aesthetic of our games.
· Be an artist, first and foremost, and strive to create beautiful and emotionally evocative art
· Be passionate about the end-to-end game experience and devise interface schemes and styles that heighten rather than distract from the user experience
· Design detailed screen and interaction flows, taking into account motion, micro-and-macro layout, and UX fundamentals in the context of the game.
· Stay up-to-date on contemporary trends in typography, color, iconography, layout and design of UI in a variety of commercial formats
· Present information with sleekness and elegance
· Working with industry veteran partners across multiple disciplines to both design and implement
· Art-centric, but loves everything that contributes to a game’s experience
· Constantly working to improve art knowledge and skill-set
· Exceptional communication skills and strong collaborative spirit
· Expert with 2D and motion graphics software; strong skills in 3D art creation
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in an UI/UX role
· Has shipped at least two games on PC, console or mobile platforms
· Portfolio that demonstrates style range, creativity and craftsmanship
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
· Works effectively across all game disciplines
· Knowledgeable about game industry trends and art techniques
· Familiar with HTML5 for prototyping and mockups