Get a job: Be an Artist working on PlayStation VR games at Sony
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Manchester, England
An exciting and rare opportunity to join an ambitious new studio to create original games exclusively for Project Morpheus, PlayStation's VR platform. Based in Manchester, in the North West of England, we aim to build a small but highly experienced team who want to build great games to showcase this exciting new immersive technology.
We are looking for experienced Games Artists able to create assets which are both visually stunning and highly efficient. You will have a broad portfolio of real-time artwork from props to vehicles and environments, including lighting. You will be excited by the challenge of finding the limits of what can be delivered visually within the constraints of Virtual Reality.
You will join the team early in pre-production so will have ample opportunity to make your mark on the title. As the team will be relatively small, you will need to be flexible and fast, able to work quickly and efficiently across a variety of asset types.
- Model, shade then light a wide variety of real-time assets.
- Support gameplay prototype experiments by creating low fidelity assets which are quick to build and easy change.
- Produce final production art assets to quality
- Follow the Art Direction and technical specifications, iterating on regular feedback to ensure excellent visual quality.
- Troubleshoot issues that prevent the art team from delivering the Art Direction. Collaborate with the Lead Tech Artist to help identify the cause then propose solutions.
- Peer review and visually critique the game on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement across the whole art team.
Skills & Experience
- You will have shipped at least 2 successful games in senior art roles.
- You will have a strong background in traditional arts, able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of form, colour and composition.
- You will enjoy the technical challenge and constraints of real-time game art and have a detailed understanding of modern rendering, shading and lighting techniques.
- You will be skilled in industry standard art packages: Maya, Z-Brush, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience using Unreal Engine will be an advantage
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.