The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Crytek is looking for an experienced Senior Tools Programmer to support our CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
At Crytek we hire amazing people to make great things happen. For over 15 years, we’ve been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. We continually invest in our team and tech as we push the boundaries of the digital visual arts on the latest platforms.
Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses - to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll invent the future together.
- Develop and maintain tools and plug-ins in CryENGINE.
- Report to Lead Programmer, Producer and Technical Director.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Tasks scheduling and risk analysis.
- 3+ years of professional experience with C++.
- GUI programming experience (Win32 and/or Qt).
- Strong 3d math (vectors/matrices/transforms/etc.) skills.
- Knowledge of current low level optimizations, graphics hardware and high level optimizations and techniques.
- Knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Worked in a team of several programmers.
- Experience in C++ plug-in development for 3ds Max and/or Maya.
- Experience in working with large codebases.
- Ability to write clean, simple, robust, and maintainable C++ code.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and solve problems. Must be able to accurately assess time requirements and complexity of assigned systems. Must be able to design systems thoroughly and break into manageable tasks.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Python or C# knowledge.
- Experience in working with the FBX file format.
- STL knowledge.
- Experience in working in the game industry.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Experience in multi-platform development.
- Experience in developing tools for image and/or mesh processing, testbeds.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.