The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Io-Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Level Designer to join our next Hitman project
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation packages in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
As an integral part of the team, you will collaborate with the production management team and game direction to execute the overall creative vision of the project. Ongoing responsibilities include: collaborating with game artists designing and laying out the game worlds, utilizing the game mechanics providing compelling and fun gameplay and maintaining cross discipline level dependencies.
You will be involved in all aspects of the production from the initial design of levels and technical considerations of gameplay implementation to collaboration in cross-disciplinary teams. Your goal is to set new standards for entertainment in games.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the game director, designers, artists and your lead in the design and the execution of the overall vision of the game.
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools setting up gameplay and scripted events.
- Create prototypes and level layouts proving the game mechanics and identifying needs.
- Be responsible for the production of levels for the game utilizing cross discipline work.
- Balance and fine tune gameplay and difficulty.
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations.
- Work with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding gameplay properly fitting the game design requirements.
- Accomplished Level Designer with experience working in the video games industry having produced work for at least one published title.
- Experience using level/world editing tools.
- Good at working in a team and working with direction.
- Analytically minded and organized. Have a good understanding of what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun and functional level setup.
- Adept at combining rules, constraints and affordances into challenging and engaging gameplay.
- Ability to look past immediate technical constraints and work solution oriented.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a good understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Architectural knowledge.
- Relevant design education.
- Programming background or education.
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on youtube).
- Distributed levels in the fan/mod community.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Io-Interactive games.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.