eSports Journalist Award 2012 to be given during gamescom in
Cologne, 3rd of July 2012 – This year will also see the return of the eSports Journalist Award, one of the most important and recognized award in electronic sports. Like the previous year, the eSports Journalist Award will be given at gamescom (15th - 19th of August). Journalists all around the world can send their contributions to TV programs, press, Internet and radio until the 6th of August for a chance to take the prize. Wanted are objective, different, unique and even criticizing reports about eSports over the last year. The eSports Journalist Award 2011 was given to Tom Cheshire, journalist for the British magazine Wired who created an intricate and detailed article about one of the oldest players of eSports.
The awarded article by Tom Cheshire for WIRED can be found at:
Reports and articles should be sent by E-Mail or per post until the 6th of August 2012 (date stamp) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Turtle Entertainment GmbH
“eSports Journalist Award”
Siegburger Straße 189
50679 – Cologne
Or visit the website www.esports-journalist-awards.org
eSports Journalist Award 2012
Conditions and requirements
• Published article or report in print form, TV, internet or radio about eSports made in a creative and informative manner.
• Release date: August 2011 – July 2012
• Allowed are full-fledged journalists and redactors as well as volunteers
• Evaluated will be independent applications as well as suggestions
• Nominated journalists will be invited and attended at the location
“With the eSport Journalist Award we praise and honor for six years journalists who bring creative news articles which help to better explain what eSport really is. This widespread growth wouldn't be possible without the help of people bringing information out in an outstanding fashion. Therefore we award the biggest contributors to the area in the course of the years”, explains Ibrahim Mazari, Director of Public Relations for Turtle Entertainment GmbH from Cologne.
Further information about the eSports Journalist Award can be found at www.esports-journalist-awards.org
Pictures of previous eSports Awards are available here:
eSports Journalist Award
The eSports Journalist Award was created in 2006 and is bestowed to redactors, journalists, volunteers and writers of outstanding, different and informative articles which help both the community and the eSports scene, as well as being a gateway of access for the masses.
Turtle Entertainment GmbH
Turtle Entertainment is a leading company in the field of competitive gaming and electronic sports. Founded in the year 2000 the company is currently offering its services in more than 40 countries including the USA and China. Core of Turtle's services is its online portal called Electronic Sports League (ESL), which became a highly popular destination site for competitive computer gamers around the world. The portal reaches up to ten million visits a month (IVW) generated by more than 3.8 million registered users. Turtle Entertainment broadcasts ESL events via ESL TV, ESL's web TV service, since 2007. The headquarter has more than 115 employees and is located in Cologne, Germany. Important business partners of Turtle Entertainment are global corporations such as Intel, BenQ, Razer, TwitchTV, Dell, Volkswagen, Microsoft, adidas and Deutsche Post.
Further information is available at www.turtle-entertainment.com
All links at one glance:
- Press Release as PDF: www.turtle-entertainment.com/Dateien/ eSports-Journalist-Award_EN.pdf
- This Press Release online: www.turtle-entertainment.de/?press¤t_press_release&1546
- eSports Journalist Award: www.esports-journalist-award.org
- Fotos der letzten Gala: www.flickr.com/photos/eslphotos/tags/esportsaward/
- Turtle Entertainment: www.turtle-entertainment.com
- Turtle Entertainment (Press): www.turtle-entertainment.com/?press
- Trailer Turtle Entertainment GmbH (Flashmovies): http://files.turtle-entertainment.de/videos/eslpromo.html