Age of Wonders III Rogue Leader Class revealed
DELFT, the Netherlands, January 23rd 2014 – Triumph Studios, the team behind the Overlord and Age of Wonders series, today reveals the Rogue leader class of Age of Wonders III.
- Youtube Rogue Video:
- Triumph Website Rogue Class
"Rogue Lords are masters of stealth, manipulation and theft. Any foolish citizen who makes trouble, disappears without a whisper in the middle of the night. Rogues employ charm, poison, assassinations, and the magic of the shadows to appease their subjects and manipulate rival leaders. Rogues have two faces: one they wear in public, while the other is a ruthless schemer behind closed doors, directing sinister forces that wait in shadow for the perfect moment to strike."
--"Gifted Lords of the Third Age" - by Ralinstone Pedant, Chronicler
Age of Wonders III introduces RPG-style class-based character building to the strategy genre. The leader persona of the players, consisting of a main class, race, and specializations, forms the heart of their realm. RPG style skills are extrapolated to affect a whole empire. Leader characters range from Elven Princesses and to Machiavellian Rogues and ruthless Warlords. Today we reveal details of the Rogue class.
Examples of Rogue Class Units include:
- Scoundrel – The dirt fighting henchmen of the Rogue with the ability to climb fortifications.
- Succubus – Corrupted seductress built at cities from one of the main races. (Yes – we also have Dwarven Succubi with beards). Can convert units on the battlefield.
- Shadow Stalker - Incorporeal monster of elemental darkness. Has protection against physical weapons.
Rogue Skill Examples:
• Mass Battlefield Panic – Attempt to panic all enemy units on the battlefield. Units that were not Panicked are Hindered instead. Panicked units don't obey orders and attempt to flee from enemies or escape the battlefield.
• Night Wish - The caster's domain is shrouded in a sinister darkness and becomes unexplored for other players and all units suffer a vision range penalty.
• Rain of Poison Blades - Rains down armor piercing blades covered in poison.
• Plague of Brigands - Infiltrates the domain of a target enemy city with brigands that attack everything within sight.
The Rogue Class can be mixed with any of the six races and can be further augmented using specializations leading to additional magical skills.
Age of Wonders 3® has been rated Teen(T) by ESRB and has an estimated March 2014 release date on PC. It will be published through digital distribution and brought to retail stores in selected territories.
For more information and regular updates please visit www.ageofwonders.com
About Triumph Studios: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios B.V. is an independent video game developer and publishing company based in Delft, The Netherlands. Triumph Studios focuses on combining the team’s creativity with its proprietary multi-format Creator EngineTM to forge captivating and unique game experiences. As the original creators of the critically acclaimed Overlord® and Age of Wonders® series, Triumph Studios has a track record in creating games that are innovative, commercially successful, and which lead to demand for multiple sequels.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriumphStudios
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TriumphStudiosGames