[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Team2Bit brings their hit indie title,
Fist Puncher, to the OUYA next week as part of a two-game
deal. Launched last year after a successful Kickstarter,
Fist Puncher is the creation of brothers Jake and Matt
Lewandowski as an homage to classic beat em’ up 8-bit
brawlers of yesteryear. Adding two OUYA-exclusive characters to an
already impressive roster of 15,
Fist Puncher features more than 50 crime lord crushing
levels and hits the OUYA store next Tuesday.
Fist Puncher is one of two games the Brothers L plan to
bring to OUYA this year. During next month’s annual Game
Developers Conference in San Francisco, they’ll debut their
new indie to press and show attendees in the OUYA booth. Not much
can be revealed just yet, but expect a pair of bitter rivals to
join forces and determine the fate of the free world only on
Fist Puncher brings the pain with these kickass features:
- 17 playable characters, including Dr. Karate, Steroid Jackson,
Hella Fistgerald and the Beekeeper.
- Unique attacks and movesets for each character.
- RPG features allow you to assign attribute points to hone and
sculpt your characters to your liking.
- Purchase perks including new moves and powers for your
- Over 50 levels, from a nude beach to Hitler's birthday
- 99 unlockable achievement trading cards - collect them
- Over 100 collectible items.
- Attack with tasers, slingshots, guns, bombs and more.
- Throw cars, cows, dogs, street musicians and whatever else you
can pick up.
- Four player local co-op.
- Sexy pixel art graphics - like living in 1988!
OUYA is a new kind of game console for the television that
brings together an open development experience—where any
creator can publish a game to the living room—with an
accessible and affordable console at $99, with all games free to
try. OUYA supports both the downloading and streaming of
entertainment content in 1080p HD quality. Built on an open OS with
a custom interface and store, OUYA focuses on the fun factor of
games—games are organized by featured playlists and overall
player engagement and not by revenue or downloads—enabling
the most fun game experiences to shine. OUYA was envisioned by
founder and CEO Julie Uhrman, and beautifully designed by
award-winning designer Yves Behar.
Official website |
Team2Bit is an indie game studio comprised of two brothers
located in Santa Cruz, California. They make pixelated,
retro-styled games infused with humor and some modern twists.
They're also graduating members of IGN's Indie Open House class of
Official website |