Deep Silver, Tripwire, and Iceberg Sign Global Retail
Publishing Deal for ‘KILLING FLOOR 2’ on PS4
Munich, Germany – Roswell, USA – May 31 – Deep Silver are pleased to announce their collaboration with Tripwire Interactive and Iceberg Interactive to publish the retail version of KILLING FLOOR 2 globally, for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The second instalment of the sci-fi horror first person shooter is scheduled for release in 2016.
KILLING FLOOR 2 places the gamer into continental Europe, about one month after the original KILLING FLOOR trials. Now the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has gained relentless momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union — with all being methodically obliterated: communications, governments, and military forces alike, it is now up to a group of civilians, who have not yet given up hope to combat the outbreak and establish privately funded operation bases across Europe.
New elements to KILLING FLOOR 2 are an enhanced level of carnage, with the visceral gore ramped up though a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system. As well as terrifying Zeds – novel enemies and fan favorites return with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence. Six player co-op or solo play is available, together with a unique blend of weaponry. An expanded perk system – with perks from the original game having been reimagined, and further brutal melee combat – reinventing the melee combat completely, make for a blood-splattered gaming experience.
· Visceral Gore - Killing Floor 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
· Six player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
· Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
· Unique Blend Of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, Killing Floor 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
· Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
· Brutal Melee Combat - Killing Floor 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
Genre: Sci-Fi Horror / First Person Shooter
Developer: Tripwire Interactive
Publisher: Deep Silver
Release Date: 2016
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series and action packed role-playing from the Sacred world. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Dead Island 2 and Homefront: The Revolution. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States. www.kochmedia.com
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the “$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Based in Roswell, Georgia the team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular KILLING FLOOR, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 3m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)" followed by Rising Storm in May 2013 ("one of the best military FPS games I’ve played" - IGN) which won PC Gamer's 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. In 2015 Tripwire released its biggest title to date, Killing Floor 2, on Steam Early Access. Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com .