Here we go, the final list for July 2013 XBLA Sales Analysis!
New Releases included:
Pacific Rim: The Video Game
R.I.P.D. Rest in Peace Department the Game
Mars: War Logs
Zeno Clash II
Notes for the month:
- Horrible review scores for a bunch of games -- Scourge Outbreak, RIPD and Pacific Rim The Video game all got awful reviews and looks like they all sold poorly too. After the awesomeness of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and COJ: Gunslinger, we've been saddled with this stuff.
- Best reviewed game of the month was Capsized, but we couldn't tell how well the game sold.
- I believe there were a bunch of special bundles also released this month featuring 4 or 5 games each at a discounted price, plus we had the "ultimate game sale" making numerous retail games bargain priced on digital. This was not XBLA's month.
- State of Decay added another 140,000 players this month.
- The guy I speak to about Minecraft stats is on Holidays right now, so I don't have this month's Minecraft data.
- Magic 2014 slowing down quicker than previous versions, but it IS the 4th version on here, and still does bloody well.
Defense Grid: The Awakening was one of the "Games For Gold" this month -- for two weeks it was free for any gold member to download. For those weeks, it added 616,038 players and 153,455. The weeks following probably include a lot of players who didn't play the game when they first grabbed it. I also followed the DLC, and while it got a bit of a boost, it wasn't really that much.
Stay tunes for next month, which should include Cloudberry Kingdom, Brothers: ATOTS, Charlie Murder and Flashback from the Summer of Arcade!