Justin Lloyd's Blog
Justin has more than 34 years in the business of video games software, developing and delivering titles on 26 game platforms. He has worked on such franchises as Civilization, Pitfall, Hotwheels and Battletanx and with Disney, Lucasarts, Activision, Mattel and SONY as clients. Justin also has experience in consumer facing commercial software, eCommerce websites and other types of digital and physical goods.
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/justinlloyd
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/justinlloyd
• Bitbucket/Github: http://code.otakunozoku.com contains over 20 OpenSource projects
• Blog #1: http://www.justinlloyd.org
• Blog #2: http://www.otakunozoku.com
• Serial CTO and entrepreneur
• Cross functional team leadership for multiple projects with a strong background in hands-on Software Development
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and public speaker. I have spoken at USC, UCLA, Westwood College, Art Institute, Lutheran University, University of Wales, University of Glamorgan, E4All, Hollywood and Games, IEEE ISM, IEEE GS, Video Game Legends, and many more.
• Motivated team player, contributing to multiple projects across a variety of disciplines
• Multiple awards by the games industry and the state of California
• Have created $800+ Million in revenue for companies and clients
• Published writer for print and web for almost a decade on topics covering game and software development
• Member of a number of programme advisory committees such as Art Institute and Westwood College
“You’re a rare innovator that doesn’t believe in boundaries.”
– Glen Durrant, Project Manager, Internet Brands
“Justin is the best game developer I’ve ever worked with.”
– Phil Cuenco, Lead Creative, Apple
“You blow me away with your grasp of technology and the business uses it can be put to.”
– John Bates, Marketing Evangelist, Electromedia Productions
Specialties: Technical: C++, C#, Python, PHP, Ruby. iOS. Android. Mobile, console, web, MMO, casual, AAA and multi-player games. Embedded systems. Almost any computer language you care to mention. Server architecture. Usable user interfaces. High-end, content-rich, community driven, social websites. 3D Graphics. Artificial Intelligence. Physics. Game Play.
Business: Product vision. Project and team leadership. Contract negotiation. Business development. Marketing.
Justin Lloyd's Comments